The Inyo County Social Services Agency, situated in Inyo County, California, is a government organization that is fully dedicated to providing assistance and support to individuals and families in need. Its primary objective is to enhance the well-being and self-sufficiency of residents by offering a diverse range of programs and resources. The agency plays a vital role in addressing the social and economic challenges faced by individuals within the community. With an unwavering commitment to promoting the overall welfare of its residents, the Inyo County Social Services Agency strives to provide comprehensive services and initiatives tailored to meet the specific needs of the community it serves.
Office Location: Social Services Agency Inyo County, CA
|Agency Center||Office Address||Phone Number||Office Hours|
|Inyo County Social Services||163 May Street Bishop, CA 93514||(760) 872-1394||Office hours vary|
Please note that the office may be closed on federal holidays.
Website and Online Services
The Inyo County Social Services Agency website, available at https://www.inyocounty.us/, provides valuable information and resources for residents seeking assistance and support. The site offers guidance on the application process and eligibility requirements, along with a resource directory connecting individuals and families to additional support services in healthcare, housing, education, and legal aid.
Services Offered: Social Services Agency Inyo County, CA
The Inyo County Social Services Agency offers a range of services to support individuals and families in need. While specific services may vary over time, some common services provided by the agency include:
- CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids): This program offers temporary financial assistance, employment services, and supportive services to eligible low-income families with children.
- CalFresh (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program): Formerly known as food stamps, CalFresh provides eligible individuals and families with monthly benefits to purchase nutritious food.
- Medi-Cal: The agency assists individuals and families in accessing Medi-Cal, a state-run healthcare program that provides medical coverage to low-income individuals and families.
- General Assistance: This program provides temporary financial assistance to individuals who are unable to support themselves and have no other means of income.
- Child Welfare Services: The agency provides child protective services, foster care, adoption services, and support to families in crisis to ensure the safety and well-being of children.
- Adult Protective Services: Inyo County Social Services Agency helps protect vulnerable adults who are elderly or disabled from abuse, neglect, and exploitation. They provide support, investigation, and intervention as needed.
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS): This program offers assistance to elderly, blind, or disabled individuals who need support with activities of daily living. IHSS provides services such as personal care, housekeeping, and meal preparation.
- Employment Services: The agency offers employment assistance, job training programs, and resources to help individuals find and maintain employment.
- Homeless Assistance: Inyo County Social Services Agency provides support and resources to individuals and families experiencing homelessness, including emergency shelter referrals, rental assistance, and supportive services.
It’s important to note that the availability and specific details of these services may change over time. For up-to-date and comprehensive information, it is recommended to visit the official website of the Inyo County Social Services Agency or contact them directly.
Appointments and Wait Times: Social Services Agency Inyo County, CA
The Inyo County Social Services Agency typically operates by appointment to ensure efficient service delivery and minimize wait times. By scheduling appointments, the agency can allocate staff and resources appropriately and provide individualized assistance to clients.
To access services or seek assistance from the Inyo County Social Services Agency, it is recommended to contact them directly to inquire about their appointment procedures. They will be able to provide you with specific information regarding scheduling appointments, availability, and any potential wait times that may be associated with accessing their services.
Frequently Asked Questions
The agency provides various services to support individuals and families in need. These may include assistance programs such as CalWORKs, CalFresh, Medi-Cal, General Assistance, Child Welfare Services, Adult Protective Services, In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS), Employment Services, and Homeless Assistance. It’s recommended to visit the agency’s website or contact them directly for more detailed information on their services.
Yes, many programs and services have income eligibility requirements. The specific guidelines and thresholds may vary depending on the program. It’s best to consult with the agency or check their website for detailed information on income eligibility criteria for the specific service you are interested in.
To apply for assistance programs offered by the Inyo County Social Services Agency, you can visit their office in person to complete an application or apply online through their website, if available. You may also request an application form by mail or phone.
The required documents may vary depending on the program or service you are applying for. Generally, you should bring proof of identity, income, residency, and any other relevant documentation. Contact the agency directly or refer to their website for a comprehensive list of required documents.
Yes, if you disagree with a decision made by the agency regarding your application or benefits, you have the right to appeal. The agency can provide information on the appeal process and the steps to follow.
Here are step-by-step directions to the Inyo County Social Services Agency:
- Start from your current location and head towards Inyo County, California.
- Use GPS or navigation apps to guide you to the agency’s address. You can also use a mapping service to get precise directions based on your starting point.
- Once you arrive in the vicinity of the agency’s address, look for signs or landmarks that indicate the agency’s location.
- Find suitable parking near the agency’s office building. If a parking lot is available, follow the designated parking signs or instructions.
- Approach the main entrance of the agency’s office building.
- As you enter, you may see a reception or information desk. If present, proceed there to inquire about the specific department or service you need assistance with.
- Provide any required identification or documentation to the staff member at the desk if requested.
- The staff member will guide you further and provide you with instructions on where to go or whom to meet within the agency based on your needs.
- Follow the directions given by the staff member to locate the appropriate office or department within the agency.
- Once you reach the designated office or department, check in with the staff or receptionist and inform them of your purpose or appointment.
- Wait for your turn if there are other people ahead of you. Bring any necessary documents or forms that you may need to provide.
- When called, proceed to the designated service window or office, where you will receive assistance from a social worker or agency representative.
- Clearly communicate your needs and provide any required information or documentation to the assigned staff member.
- The staff member will guide you through the necessary processes, answer your questions, and provide you with the information or assistance you require.
- If you have any further inquiries or need additional support, feel free to ask the staff member for clarification or guidance.
- Once you have completed your business with the agency, you can exit the office and return to your vehicle or make your way to your next destination.
Please note that it’s always a good idea to contact the Inyo County Social Services Agency directly or visit their official website for any specific instructions, changes in address, or additional information prior to your visit.
The Google reviews for the Inyo County Social Services Agency are mixed. One reviewer mentions a negative aspect, specifically the bad parking lot. Another reviewer expresses dissatisfaction, claiming that the agency pretends to be supportive but ultimately uses gathered information to disqualify individuals from receiving services. These reviews highlight specific concerns and negative experiences related to parking and the agency’s approach to providing support.