The Modoc County Social Services Agency is an essential government institution in California, committed to offering wide-ranging social services to the inhabitants of Modoc County. Their primary goal is to foster wellness, security, and independence among individuals and families in precarious situations.
The agency greatly emphasizes aiding vulnerable groups and delivers various programs and assistance services. These include protective services, foster care, financial aid, job-oriented programs, healthcare access, and mental health resources.
Through collaboration with community organizations, the agency aims to empower individuals and families, reduce disparities, and promote social justice, equality, and fairness. Overall, the agency is vital in enhancing the community’s well-being and creating an environment where everyone can thrive.
Office Locations: Social Services Agency Modoc County, CA
|Agency Center||Office Address||Phone Number||Office Hours|
|Modoc County Social Services Agency||120 North Main Street Alturas, CA 96101||(530) 233-6501||Mon – Fri8:30 AM – 5:00 PM|
Please note that the office may be closed on federal holidays.
Website and Online Services
The Modoc County Social Services Agency website, available at https://www.co.modoc.ca.us/, provides valuable information and resources for residents seeking assistance and support. The site offers guidance on the application process and eligibility requirements, along with a resource directory connecting individuals and families to additional support services in healthcare, housing, education, and legal aid.
Services Offered: Social Services Agency Modoc County, CA
The Modoc County Social Security Office offers various services, including:
- CalWORKs: Provides financial assistance and employment services to eligible families for temporary assistance with basic needs and employment support.
- Medi-Cal: Offers healthcare coverage for low-income individuals and families, ensuring access to medical services, prescriptions, and preventive care.
- CalFresh: Assists eligible households to obtain nutritious food through electronic benefit transfer (EBT) grocery cards at authorized retailers.
- General Assistance: Provides temporary cash aid for adults without dependent children who cannot work due to a disability or other reasons.
- Foster Care: Offers support and resources for children who cannot live with their parents and need a safe and nurturing environment.
- Adoptions: Facilitates the adoption process, providing guidance and assistance to prospective adoptive parents and children needing permanent homes.
- Child Protective Services: Investigates reports of child abuse or neglect and takes appropriate actions to ensure the safety and well-being of children.
The objective of the Modoc County Social Services Agency is to address the broader needs of individuals and families, supporting them in achieving self-sufficiency and enhancing their overall well-being. By focusing on CalFresh and related services, the agency aims to combat food insecurity, encourage healthy nutrition, and empower residents to become more self-reliant, ultimately fostering a thriving community.
Appointments and Wait Times: Social Services Agency Modoc County, CA
While walk-ins are welcome, it is highly recommended to schedule an appointment to minimize wait times and ensure a more efficient visit. Appointments can be made by calling the office’s phone number provided above.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can apply for CalWORKs and other assistance programs online, by phone, or by visiting the Modoc County Social Services Agency office. Application forms and assistance are available.
When applying for Medi-Cal, you must provide documents such as proof of income, identification, residency, and immigration status. Additional documents may be required based on your specific circumstances.
If you suspect child abuse or neglect, it is important to immediately report your concerns to the Modoc County Social Services Agency or the local authorities. They will investigate and take appropriate action to protect the child.
IHSS is available for eligible elderly or disabled individuals who require assistance with activities of daily living. Contact the Modoc County Social Services Agency to determine eligibility and start the application process.
To access mental health services, you can contact the Modoc County Social Services Agency and inquire about available programs and resources. They will provide information and assist you in accessing the appropriate services.
Driving Directions: Social Services Agency Modoc County, CA
Here are general driving directions to 120 North Main Street, Alturas, CA 96101, the Modoc County Social Services Agency:
- Starting from your current location, head north on [Street Name].
- Continue on this road until you reach the highway [Highway Name].
- Take the [Highway Name] exit towards Alturas.
- Merge onto [Highway Name] and continue driving.
- Keep following the signs for Alturas until you reach the town.
- Once in Alturas, continue straight on Main Street.
- Look for the address 120 North Main Street, which will be on the left side.
- The Modoc County Social Services Agency is located at that address.
- Please note that these directions are general, and it’s always a good idea to use a GPS device or map service for more precise directions based on your specific starting point.
Modoc County Social Services Agency has significantly impacted our community. Their broad range of services caters to individuals and families in various difficult situations. The staff’s dedication to well-being, safety, and self-sufficiency is admirable. However, the agency could work on reducing wait times and improving appointment scheduling to enhance user experience. Overall, it’s an invaluable resource for Modoc County residents.