Table of Contents
- How Do You Qualify for Assurance Wireless Free Phones?
- How Do You Apply for An Assurance Wireless Free Phone?
- What Documentation Do You Need to Apply for Lifeline?
- What Offers Do You Get with Assurance Wireless
- 1. Add On Benefits
- 2. What California Customers Get
- 3. Assurance Wireless Coverage
- How Do You Upgrade Assurance Wireless Phone?
- Assurance Wireless Replacement Policy
- Replacement Process
- 1. Contact Assurance Wireless Customer Care
- 2. Report Your Lost Or Stolen Phone
- 3. Apply For A Replacement Phone
- 4. Choose A New Phone
- How To Activate Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone
- Bottom Line
Lifeline is a program offered by Virgin Mobile that helps people throughout the US. Assurance Wireless is a cell phone carrier affiliated with Virgin Mobile. Assurance Wireless launched the Lifeline Program to provide free phones to people with low incomes, who are unemployed, are elderly, or are disabled. This carrier’s free monthly plan allows low-income families to stay connected with such cell phones.
Members of qualifying households can obtain free or reduced-cost landline or cellphone service through the lifeline program. Assurance Wireless is one of several wireless companies participating in the program and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). In addition, companies participating in the program offer discounted rates, and a minimum savings of $9.25 per month is available.
This free phone is not just given away at random. Applicants must meet certain criteria to qualify for the free government phones. A wide range of smartphones is compatible with Assurance Wireless’ network plans. Different Assurance Wireless compatible phones are available.
How Do You Qualify for Assurance Wireless Free Phones?
Even if you are working and your income falls below the federal poverty guidelines, you may qualify for a government phone. The income level and participation in government-sponsored programs determine eligibility for this offer.
You are eligible for a free phone if you earn less than 135% of the federal poverty guidelines. In addition, the following programs may be available to you:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- VA Survivors Pension
- WIC Program
- Section 8
- Low-Income Energy Assistance
- National Free Lunch
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
How Do You Apply for An Assurance Wireless Free Phone?
Assurance Wireless won’t charge you any connection fees, annual contracts, deposit payments, or monthly charges if you meet a free phone qualification. To continue service, you need to comply with annual certification requirements.
If you are interested in enrolling in Assurance Wireless free smartphones, you can download an application form from the company’s website or order an application by calling 1-888-321-5880.
In addition, you need to provide documentation regarding your income or participation in any government-sponsored program. You will receive an Assurance Wireless approval notice via e-mail or regular mail.
What Documentation Do You Need to Apply for Lifeline?
When you are sure you are eligible for the Assurance Wireless Lifeline Program, you will need to submit the following documentation:
- Proof of income can be provided by payroll stubs, letters from social services, or W-2 statements
- Documentation of program participation
- Social Security Number
- Child support or divorce documents
- The last income tax return you filed with the IRS or your state
What Offers Do You Get with Assurance Wireless
If approved for a free government phone, Assurance Wireless will provide you with a free talk, text, and data plan, a free smartphone, 1000 voice minutes, unlimited talk and text, and 50MB and 2GB Broadband every month.
Airtime and texting are as low as $5 per month. In addition to affordable plans, Assurance also offers pay-as-you-go options. In addition, Tracfone any-time Top-Up cards are available at numerous retail outlets across the country or online using a credit card, debit card, or PayPal account.
1. Add On Benefits
Assurance Wireless free phones come with the following extra benefits.
- Voicemail, call waiting, and caller ID
- Access to free mobile hotspots
- Emergency 911 access
- Unlimited 211 calling
- Free customer service calling
- Cheap International calls to over 200 countries
- Keep your current number
2. What California Customers Get
With Assurance Wireless’ free phone program, California customers will receive the following benefits.
- A free Android smartphone that is Wi-Fi enabled
- High-speed 3G Data
- Free text messages and unlimited voice minutes
- 500 MB free monthly data
3. Assurance Wireless Coverage
The company operates in more than 40 states throughout the United States. These include Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island of Columbia, Missouri, Nevada, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, and, South Carolina.
How Do You Upgrade Assurance Wireless Phone?
It is impossible to switch from an Assurance wireless phone to a better model. Assurance Wireless offers a variety of phones. It does not provide any warranty for this new phone.
In some cases, your device may have a problem that the warranty does not cover. Assurance Wireless, for example, can request a new phone through its upgrade program. The first step should be to browse their website if you need an Assurance Wireless phone upgrade. Check out the upgrade process by going to “My Account.”
Most of the phones that Assurance Wireless and the federal government give away are basic models. You can also upgrade the free government phone. Samsung, ZTE, Kyocera, and Alcatel are among the brands producing phones compatible with Assurance Wireless.
Assurance Wireless Replacement Policy
Assurance Wireless customers can receive free government phones through the Lifeline Assistance Program. It is not a standard policy to replace a Lifeline phone if stolen or lost. You might have to pay a small fee to get a new phone.
The original phone manufacturer typically provides a one-year warranty with Assurance Wireless phones. Assurance Wireless Customer Care is available for replacement devices if your phone malfunctions within the first year.
You might need to purchase a compatible phone from this provider or another store to replace your lost or stolen phone when it is lost or stolen. Check your home to ensure your phone has not been misplaced before asking for a replacement. You must follow the steps below to get a replacement if your device is lost or stolen:
1. Contact Assurance Wireless Customer Care
If you have any questions, please contact this company’s customer support team by calling 1-888-321-5880 or emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can open the web browser and follow the steps on mobile virgin media.
2. Report Your Lost Or Stolen Phone
You must report having your account placed on hold. This way, you will ensure someone else is not using your Assurance Wireless service. If you do not report the loss, your device will still be subject to charges.
3. Apply For A Replacement Phone
To replace your phone, you must follow the instructions carefully. Assurance Wireless will request ten digits of your phone number.
4. Choose A New Phone
Make sure you select a replacement phone that meets your needs. Depending on your budget, you can choose from a range of options with Assurance Wireless.
You might be charged a $20 replacement fee by Assurance Wireless. Furthermore, keep in mind that you might or might not qualify for a free replacement phone from Assurance Wireless. To determine whether you qualify, you should contact the company’s Customer Care.
In addition, the Lifeline Program will give you 45 days to activate Assurance Wireless or notify them that you have received your phone. Assurance Wireless will deactivate your account otherwise, wiping out any remaining balance. Depending on the offer, the replacement phone can be yours for a low price or free.
How To Activate Assurance Wireless Replacement Phone
After receiving it, you must activate Assurance Wireless service on your new phone. Follow the instructions below to activate Assurance Wireless on the replacement phone.
- Press the power button to turn your phone on.
- For hands-free pairing, enable the hands-free activation feature on your phone.
- If any updates are available, let the phone confirm it (the phone will then turn off).
- Once your phone is switched on again, you will need to customize it. You can skip the setup screens and proceed directly to step 3.
- Get instructions by dialing 611.
- If prompted, provide your Assurance Wireless PIN. You can find it on the top of the letter approving your Assurance Wireless account.
- You’ll get your account balance and phone number transferred to the replacement device after the device activation and updates are completed.
During the activation process, you can reach customer service by calling 1-888-321-5880.
The company, owned by Virgin Mobile, is the second-largest provider of free cell service in the United States. Assurance customers can receive a free cell phone with unlimited texting and up to 1000 minutes per month.
Assurance Wireless has the best wireless plan for lifeline participants so that you can get free phones and services from this carrier.
Are you interested in learning more about different grants and programs that can help you with your living situation? Check out the rest of Gov Relations’ blog section today!