Spectrum provides broadband internet service to more than 32 million customers in the US as part of Charter Communications’ Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). With Spectrum, you can take advantage of the fastest, most reliable Internet available.
To help qualifying households pay for internet service, the Affordable Connectivity Program offers monthly credits. Your broadband services may be credited with up to $30 per month if you qualify or $75 in cases of tribal lands. Households are limited to one credit per month under the Affordable Connectivity Program.
Spectrum Internet is available to you at no cost via ACP if you qualify for the stimulus Internet credit. Your internet service may be canceled if you wish, or you may switch to another Internet service provider without incurring early termination fees.
The USAC administers ACP on behalf of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Find out below how Spectrum can save you money on their different internet packages.
If you are a small business owner needing assistance, visit our small business grants page, where you can read about small business grants for different states.
How Affordable Connectivity Program Spectrum Saves You Money
The following are the ways the ACP can help reduce your monthly bill on different Spectrum internet packages.
Spectrum Internet 100
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), offered by Spectrum Internet, consists of a specific plan at a monthly cost of $29.99, which offers 100 megabits per second (Mbps) download speeds and 20 Mbps upload speeds to eligible households. Streaming movies, video conferencing, and watching TV shows will be fast enough for a family of four with 100 Mbps download speeds.
You can switch to this $29.99 per month offering if you are enrolled in Spectrum Internet’s Affordable Connectivity Program and receive a $30 credit towards your monthly bill automatically, which means you get service free. When you enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program, your credit will appear on your next bill statement after being applied to your current bill cycle.
The Affordable Connectivity Program provides free modems, Wi-Fi in your home, and self-installation for Spectrum Internet 100. Furthermore, you will be responsible for any charges over $30 per month if you take advantage of the promotion price for 2 years.
Other Spectrum Internet Plans
All Spectrum Internet plans are still eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). If your household pays $49.99 per month on a higher-speed plan and you qualify for the $30 monthly credit, your bill payment can be reduced to $19.99 per month. In addition, Spectrum Internet can be used to credit the cost of processing the credit, as well as bundled services, including broadband, telephone, and texting, as well as equipment rental fees.
As part of the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), connected devices, such as laptops, tablets, or desktop computers, can also be discounted up to $100 for a one-time fee of $10 to $50. The discounted devices can only be purchased by a household once. Smartphones are not eligible for the discount, nor are devices that are Wi-Fi enabled and can connect to video conferencing systems.
Eligibility Criteria For Affordable Connectivity Program Spectrum
At least one member of the household must meet one of the following criteria in order to qualify for this program:
- Meets the requirements for the Lifeline Program;
- The household income does not exceed 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines;
- Eligible for Spectrum’s low-income program;
- A household member must be eligible for one of the following assistance programs:
- Section 8 FPHA support
- Veterans’ and Survivors’ Pension Benefit
- Free/reduced-price school lunch/breakfast program
- Current Federal Pell Grant recipients
How To Apply For The Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program
The Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program is really easy to apply for. There are only three steps to follow.
- Ensure your household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program. For more information, please visit acpbenefit.org.
- Save $30 a month by signing up for high-speed Internet at www.pectrum.com/ACP or by calling 1-833-660-0447. Currently enrolled Spectrum Internet customers can save up to $30/month by calling 1-833-660-0447. Spectrum’s online application form makes it easy for current Spectrum customers to apply for this program if they have already applied for eligibility through the National Verifier.
- You will receive an email verifying your participation in this program. Visit their website today to see if you are eligible for this program if you intend to switch to Spectrum. The National Verifier application must also be submitted.
- With Spectrum home WiFi and high-speed Internet, you can surf and stream without any interruptions. You will receive a temporary credit on your account every month.
There are over 12.6 million Affordable Connectivity Program enrollees across the US, according to the USAC. Additionally, experts estimate that 48 million households qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program, which reaches nearly 40% of the country’s households. Consequently, the Affordable Connectivity Program is being utilized by only 26% of American households that qualify.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions about the Spectrum Affordable Connectivity Program interested applicants wonder about:
1. How to be eligible?
Meet the criteria listed above, and you may be eligible to participate in this program. Unlike many other programs, the National Verifier and Spectrum must be contacted in order to qualify for this program.
The FCC can be reached at (877) 384-2575 if you have any questions about this program. Call (844) 451-4775, and someone will be able to help you with any questions you have about your internet service requirements.
2. Can I qualify if I’m part of the Lifeline program?
Neither the Lifeline nor the Affordable Connectivity programs exclude you from receiving benefits. If you already have a Lifeline service provider, you can continue to receive these benefits through them. Remember, you must voluntarily enroll in this program through the FCC.
3. Can this credit be applied to existing internet service?
If you are currently subscribed to an Internet provider, you can apply the ACP credit to that provider.
4. When and where will the credit appear?
Upon enrolling with the program, a credit will appear on your next bill statement as part of your current bill cycle. You will see the amount due on your bill statement if there is a balance remaining after the credit has been applied.
5. How can I ensure I remain eligible for the credit?
Your internet service must be used at least once every 30 days if you’re enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program. You’ll lose your eligibility for the program and your credit if you do that.
If you are interested in learning more about different grants and programs that can help you with your living situation, read our article on financial assistance to pay off medical bills. Check out the rest of Gov Relations‘ blog section today!