American adults use their vehicles to get groceries, seek medical care at hospitals, travel to different cities, and accompany their children to school. Owning a vehicle has become a necessity when you live in the United States.
With 93% of households having access to a personal automobile, it’s time you got yours too. In this article, we’ll cover the best working cars for working people and the factors to consider when buying one. Read on to learn more.
Choosing Cars For Working Adults
A first-time automotive buyer or someone who last bought a car a while ago might find it challenging to know where to start. Fortunately, finding the best vehicle that meets your needs for years is possible. All you’ll need is some planning and research.
- Lease or buy: Purchasing a used car and using it for several years after you’ve paid it off is the best option if you want a cost-effective way of owning a vehicle. However, if you have some cash to spare, buying a new car eliminates the high cost of repairs for unexpected car issues.
- Maintenance cost: Regular maintenance and repairs affect both car lessees and buyers. In the case of older vehicles, repair and maintenance costs increase significantly. Therefore, your budget when purchasing a vehicle should include maintenance expenses.
- Body style: Most automobiles come in 2-box and 3-box body designs with up to four “pillars.” You may purchase or lease a Sedan or Hatchback, usually three pillars, or an SUV with four pillars.
- Vehicle inspection: When choosing a vehicle, it’s best to inspect all of its components for any external or internal damage.
- Warranty inclusion: Some dealerships offer extended car warranty that covers any damage or issues following the expiry of your car manufacturer’s warranty. This can help you save money on expensive repairs.
Where To Find Affordable Second-Hand Cars
Most secondhand vehicles are sold through various car websites. You may also check out different car listings, reviews, and buyer guides through these websites:
- Autotrader: With thousands of listings and advanced search tools, this site is one of the most popular car marketplaces.
- Facebook Marketplace: Facebook offers extensive options and affordable deals for secondhand cars. You may also directly contact the seller of the used vehicle you wish to purchase.
- CarsDirect: This site allows buyers to compare car prices across local dealerships. Additionally, it has buying guides and an easy-to-navigate interface.
Best Working Cars For Working Adults In 2023
Having to rely on public transportation or car-sharing services can harm your work. You can get stuck in traffic and be late for work when waiting for buses or trains. Hence, we recommend getting the top vehicles for a working adult.
1. 2020 Kia Forte
The Kia Forte is a vehicle that successfully blends comfort, style, and performance. The 2020 model features a bold and strong exterior that distinguishes it from other vehicles. It has a spacious, cozy interior, great fuel economy, and state-of-the-art computer systems.
2. 2020 Chevrolet Sonic
This entry-level and affordable vehicle is a great option for those with a limited budget. However, despite being cheaper than other small-class vehicles, the 2020 Chevrolet Sonic has several standard features, such as a 4G LTE hotspot, turbocharged engines, and cruise control.
3. 2019 Honda Fit
The 2019 Honda Fit is a subcompact vehicle that offers great value and class-competitive build quality at an affordable price. It has driver-assistance features, including automatic emergency braking, parking assistance, and adaptive cruise control.
4. 2019 Kia Soul
The 2019 Kia Soul is a revolutionary automobile that defies classification and convention. It has the body style of a hatchback but is equipped with the performance of an SUV. This car has a powerful turbo engine, a comfortable and spacious interior, a lucrative exterior build, and Apple CarPlay compatibility.
5. 2019 Ford Fiesta
The Ford Fiesta is an average subcompact car with optimal mileage and a user-friendly infotainment system. It is also built with sporty handling and an elegant, highly customizable cabin. Overall, it’s a solid, entry-level vehicle durable enough to last several years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding working cars for working people.
1. What percent of New Yorkers own a car?
In New York, approximately 71% of households own at least one car. This is equivalent to 14 million households having a personal passenger vehicle.
2. What is a vehicle grant?
A vehicle grant is a form of financial assistance typically provided to low-income individuals, seniors, people with disabilities, and single parents for them to purchase their automobiles.
3. How can I get a car for low money?
Leasing is a good option for obtaining a car at a lower initial cost. You may also apply for vehicle grants or car donation programs from charities and non-profit organizations.
The benefits of having a car when working are numerous. You have greater flexibility and control regarding your work schedule, and you can also get a job anywhere without worrying about the commute.
If you’re looking for a car that suits your work lifestyle, check out our list above. Check out this article from Gov Relations on car repair grants for any expensive car repairs.