You can experience several challenges if you lose a tooth. Dental implants are the best replacement solution if you want something that will last you a lifetime. The AAID estimates that 3 million Americans have dental implants, while another 500,000 are being added annually. Implants require surgery and multiple dentist appointments — an expensive process averaging around $6,000 per tooth. So, when scheduling a dental appointment, you need to know: Does CareSource cover dental implants?
When Do You Need A Dental Implant?
Getting dental implants is necessary when you can’t get dentures, bridges, or crowns to replace missing teeth. When a tooth is removed or lost, it is crucial to replace it. If not, it can result in a much larger problem as time passes. You need a dental implant if:
- You have missing tooth or teeth
- You have loose partials or dentures
- You need to remove an infected tooth
- You have a loose bridge
- Your face appears sunken-in
- You’re tired of messy denture adhesive and denture care
- Your tooth is severely cracked or broken
- Your dentures, partials, or bridge leave you feeling insecure about your smile
- You can’t chew food due to missing teeth
Benefits Of Dental Implants
In addition to their aesthetic benefits, dental implants play a crucial role in the overall health of your mouth.
- Prevents Bone Loss – A single dental implant can replace tooth replacement and jaw bone stimulation, helping maintain bone density.
- Looks Like Natural Teeth – The dentist will help you choose implants that fit perfectly and match the color of your adjacent teeth.
- Restores Bite Strength – You can bite normally with a dental implant since it replaces the tooth root with a titanium post anchored in your jaw.
- Maintains The Shape Of Your Face – Implants prevent your face from changing shape, similar to natural teeth.
- Ensures Natural Speech – Implants function and feel like natural teeth, making speaking easy and natural.
- Prevents Cavities – Implants are made of a material that won’t decay.
- Easily Maintained – No special products are needed to clean or care for dental implants.
- No Slippage – You will never feel embarrassed by dental implants since they are firmly anchored.
- Supporting Adjacent Teeth – A dental implant fills in the gaps, allowing you to keep your smile straight and even.
- Permanent Treatment For Tooth Loss – In most cases, dental implants will last a lifetime.
Does CareSource Cover Dental Implants?
The cost of implants is covered for adults with dental CareSource®. In addition to anesthesia, it also covers hospitalizations and related expenses.
The medical care insurance plans are available to low-income families, children, pregnant women, older adults, and disabled individuals.
How To Apply In Georgia
You can apply for Medical Assistance through Georgia Gateway. You can learn whether you or your children qualify for PeachCare for Kids® or Medicaid. To learn more about the benefits and services, applicants can call CareSource at 1-855-202-0729. Additionally, register with Georgia Families. For more information, visit the online portal or call 1-877-423-4746.
How To Apply In Indiana
Check your eligibility for health insurance by visiting the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA) Benefits Portal. If you want to learn more about the benefits and services CareSource HIP and HHW members receive, call 1-844-607-2829. If you’re applying for health insurance or if you’re in an open enrollment period, choose CareSource.
How To Apply In Ohio
You can apply online through the Ohio Benefits Portal, over the phone at 1-800-324-8680, or in person at a Department of Job and Family Services office. Contact 1-800-488-0134 if you want to know more about CareSource’s benefits and services.
Other Services That CareSource Help Cover
Diagnostic and Preventive Services
In addition to monitoring and promoting healthy habits, these routine services help your dentist identify and treat dental problems as early as possible. Services include:
- Oral Evaluations: comprehensive and periodic evaluations
- Prophylaxis: routine professional dental cleanings
- Radiographs: like x-rays to diagnose issues in the roots
- Fluoride Treatment: to treat plague and tooth decay
Comprehensive Dental Services
These cover dental treatments. Services include:
- Restorations: such as crowns and fillings
- Endodontics: such as root canals
- Periodontics: the treatment of gum disease, including nonsurgical and surgical approaches
- Prosthodontics: such as dental implants, dentures, partials, and fixed bridges
- Oral Surgery: such as routine and surgical extractions and other procedures
- Adjunctive Services: such as general anesthesia and dental sedation
- Routine Exam With Dilation: an eye exam is essential to preventing and treating vision loss that may result from eye conditions.
- Eye Exam: for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and eye conditions
- Eyewear & Contact Lenses: eye aids for impaired vision for a reduced cost
- Routine Hearing Test: determines if your hearing is normal by examining the ear for unusual earwax or an infection
- Diagnosis And Treatment Of Hearing And Balance Problems: including hearing and vestibular examinations
- Hearing Aid Fitting/Evaluation: a diagnostic hearing test and a hearing screening to determine the right hearing aid options
- Hearing Aids: helps members get high-quality hearing aids at a lower cost
Implants can cost up to $3,000 per tooth and are not covered by most dental insurance plans. The procedure can cost up to $6,000 after you include other treatments you still need to undergo. Due to this, many people wonder: does CareSource cover dental implants? It does, and it also makes maintaining naturally-looking teeth convenient for a lifetime.
If you want additional information on dental implant insurance, check out our resource on how low-income adults can qualify for dental grants.